Organizing an event at work or in your community is an excellent way to raise awareness of Fragile X – and raise money to take us a further step toward a cure. There are plenty of fun ways to get your friends, family and co-workers involved, from golf tournaments, to garage sales, to one of our Canadian Parties for Fragile X Research and Awareness (see below).
To register your event:
We are asking everyone who plans to hold a party or event to register.
Please email email@example.com and tell us:
- your name
- address & email address
- phone number
- how many people you are expecting
- the date of your event
- your fundraising goal – if you have one
- what type of event you’re hosting
April – The Canadian Party for Fragile X Research
Every year in April, The FXFC holds The Canadian Party for Fragile X Research.
It is a unique fundraiser. Participants host a party to raise money. Guests are asked to bring a cash donation to the party and proceeds go to fund Fragile X research projects across Canada and raise awareness about Fragile X.
Other fundraising ideas
Several events have been organized by families impacted by Fragile X across Canada. Here are some examples of the kinds of creative events organized by dedicated, committed “Friends” of the FXFC across the country:
- golf tournaments
- fashion show
- birthday or anniversary party, in lieu of gifts
- awareness bracelets
- concert with silent auction and buffet
- our employees lunch together once a month at the office. The meals are prepared by volunteer employees, with everyone making a $7.00 donation
- our office has our own little general store where we keep goodies for urgent cravings of employees. The extra money goes into a jar kept for spare change at the reception desk.
If you have an idea you’d like to share, please contact us:
National Fundraising and Volunteer Coordinators
To order Fragile X brochures or other support materials for your fundraising efforts, please email Ian & Jennifer at: firstname.lastname@example.org